A recent study found that 57% of businesses are already utilizing a central cloud, with another 24% planning to do so in the near future.
Cloud storage offers a number of advantages, including scalability, security, and cost savings, which is why this trend is likely to continue in the coming years.
As more and more businesses move their data to the cloud, security becomes an increasingly important issue.
Security information and event management (SIEM) plays a vital role in protecting enterprises from potential threats. By monitoring many different systems, SIEM can detect potential security issues before they become serious problems.
SIEM software could provide huge benefits to a business, but what are they are why should the company care.
Benefits of Using A Managed SIEM Solution
- Increased Efficiency: A key SIEM feature is the ability to collect event logs from multiple devices across networks. This makes it easier for staff members to identify potential issues, check activity, and speed up file analysis time.
- Economic Investment: Since the staff can manage cloud security measures more efficiently, they can spend more time on other aspects of their job. Saving money in the long run.
- Preventing Potential Security Breaches: Security breaches can have a devastating impact on your business, both financially and in terms of damage to your existing IT infrastructure. A SIEM system can help you rapidly detect any security breaches, allowing you to take quick and effective action to minimize the damage.
- Reporting, Log Collection, Analysis, and Retention: SIEM software is a combination of SEM and SIM. The combination of these two systems provides greater overall performance. The SEM system is able to centralize the interpretation and storage of logs, whilst the SIM system is able to collect data to be analyzed for reporting.
- Meeting Compliance: The SIEM system not only detects potential threats and raises alerts in real-time, but also increases compliance with IT regulations. By being compliant with standards such as PCI and HIPAA that require the monitoring and storage of logs, a SIEM system provides a valuable service.
Using SIEM with an MDR Provider
MAXX SIEM has been carefully designed for the protection of your cloud environment.
SIEM monitors, reviews, and translates data into actionable insights in four key steps:
- Aggregates your information
- Processes and normalizes logs into a standard format
- Correlates and enriches all logs to bring data to life
- CyberMaxx’s 24/7/365 Security Operations Center analyzes and identifies potential threats specific to your organization
An advanced security system like a SIEM service can provide many benefits, but the primary goal is always protection.
If you don’t have the right team in place to manage your SIEM technology, it may be worth partnering with a managed security service provider.